Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pleasantly surprised

When I married my husband I was somewhat worried that I am basically vegetarian and he is not... I didn't want us to argue about food, or have him feel deprived of what he has grown up eating.

I have many reasons for not eating animal products. Mainly they are health and environment related. I won't go too much into this, but I just want to say that time and time again in scientific literature there has been a strong correlation between eating animal products and western diseases.

I'm NOT one to push vegetarianism on anyone, I respect others decisions just as they should respect mine.

When it comes to a lot of men in the U.S., they eat way too much meat. When my husband did not fit this typical stereotype I was pleasantly surprised. I respect that he still likes to eat meat occasionally, but I am really grateful that he does not eat mass amounts of it. My husband eats really healthy. He makes sure to eat lots of vegetables, fruits, and grains. This makes me soooo happy. I do not want my husband to get sick from diseases that are highly preventable by just eating well. I love my husband a ton and want us to have a high quality of life as we grow old together. Thanks baby!

No comments: