Friday, February 13, 2009

Hilary's 25 thangs

I guess everyone's doing it, so here goes nothing...

1. I'm very competitive, but only when it comes to sports and board games (I like to win okay, 2nd place is just the 1st loser).
2. I worry about Dennen a lot. I get really anxious when I don't know where he is. I usually come to the conclusion that he's either hurt really bad or dead.
3. I love, love, love the outdoors and any activities having to do with being outside. Mainly biking, running, hiking, and skiing.
4. I tore my meniscus when I was trying to walk onto UVSC's soccer team. After that I decided that it was probably not a good idea to play in college because I would have probably just torn my ACL next. Plus, a lot of collegiate athletes really bug me, they think they're the shiz.
5. I first "skied" when I was about 5 years old and have loved it ever since. For 2 years I raced on UVSC's club ski team.
6. I love my husband more than anyone in the entire world!!
7. My favorite type of people laugh a lot.
8. It takes me quite awhile to make friends. I think this is because when I make friends I make them for life. If It won't be a true lasting friendship, it seems pretty fake to me.
9. I can definitely be shy at times, but I never know when I will be. Sometimes I feel really outgoing and other times not.
10. I love to travel! I have lived in Alaska for 2 summers, traveled to Peru, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy.
11. I never really get bored because I can always find something to waste my time with.
12. I don't like watching television.
13. Nutrition and exercise interest me a lot.
14. I like to read, but it's hard for me to find the time during school.
15. I like going to school.
16. I have a birthmark that is a vascular port wine stain on my face. I am extremely self conscious of it, so I always cover it up with makeup. I still remember 2 occasions in elementary school and junior high where kids made rude comments about it. I have had numerous laser surgeries to lighten it. I was the first child in the U.S. to have this type of surgery done.
17. I like the summer and the sun that comes with it, but the sun doesn't like me.
18. I am a natural red head.
19. I love cool vintage finds.
20. I really like to decorate.
21. Music is great to listen to, but I can't make it.
22. I want to live abroad at some point in my life.
23. Having kidos REALLY scares me. Literally having them (I don't think the whole process will be kind to my petite frame), and raising them.
24. I love the mountains and don't think I'd like living anywhere without them.
25. Most people have tons of cousins. I only have 5.

4 comments:

Kari said...

1. I would like to see your birth mark, please.
2. Five cousins total?? I have 3 cousins on one side...kinda 4 but not really. But I have 15 on the other side, so that ruins that.

Birrell Family said...

I can see I'm going to have to make a list and talk Larry into doing one also... They are very insightful and entertaining. We should all do more lists...
Things that drive us crazy,
things we want to do before we die, childhood memories...
I love you just the way you are hilary... you're darn cute!

Rissa and Jared said...

reading this made me miss our high school good times. we need to plan a girls get together!

Katie said...

Yeah, but the 5 cousins you have are THE COOLEST!


For what it's worth, I think your birthmark is so light now I don't even picture it in my mind when I see your cute, perfect little face. I think you are Beautiful!