Thursday, October 28, 2010

Shoutout!

I just have to say that my wife is incredible. She never ceases to amaze me with the energy and persistence she puts into learning new things. Lately I've been coming home from work to find my wife busily crocheting an assortment of creations. From the sheer amount of crocheted things in our home, you'd think Hils has been crocheting for years now but she's been at it for maybe a month. She seriously learns how to crochet something different every couple days. And that's how she is with everything (crafts, decorating, cleaning, projects...). I just love the way she goes into things full throttle. She doesn't worry or stress if she's not perfect at things at first but just keeps plugging away until she gets it. It's funny because I'm the exact opposite. I try for perfection from the get-go, get stressed when things aren't perfect, and end up quitting. Sometimes just the thought of tackling a new skill gives me anxiety and I don't even attempt it. So my wife is a good example to me and I love her. Her "I can do that" attitude keeps life real interesting (you know what I'm sayin, Garth?). I also love that she shares her talents with others. She has an Etsy shop but she gives away as many things as she sells. Anyway, I heart my wife and think she's amazing.

Hils didn't crochet this, but I think it's sweet...

Side note! Speaking of talents, I've always loved to doodle. I think it is in the Frazier blood because my big bro and little sis are amazing doodlers (Shoutout #2: My sis is in the highly competitive BYU animation program and is the youngest one in her class. Woot woot!). And there is something about raw sketches that I've always loved. Anyway, I found this killer site this morning that has some amazing sketches and watercolors from cities around the world. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dennen

We need to compare notes :)


Garth

The Hendricks said...

She is great! is that an ewok?

The Kynastons said...

Hils IS amazing! I only wish I had half her talent/creativity!!

MSmith said...

Hilary = persistance. You'd have been amazed at how long she would kick the soccer ball against the patio wall (over and over and over)or swim from wall to wall at the corner of the rec center pool (back-n-forth,back-n-forth, back-n-forth).

Trey said...

will you make me an ewok?