Friday, July 6, 2012

Splash park

There are a ton of splash parks here. It's way nice to be able to go and cool off! Not that it's really that hot in Portland anyway. The hottest it gets is 80 degrees with some humidity. I'm in Heaven here because I really can't stand it when it gets too hot. You can only strip down so much when it's hot... Cold weather? Dress like an Eskimo.

Finn used to be pretty wary of splash parks. Actually... he was just plain terrified of them. He's since grown accustomed to them and enjoys going and wading around in them. He's still not too sure what to think when the water all of a sudden squirts up (especially when he's looking directly down at them and gets a face full).

Here's Finn getting ready for the splash park extravaganza! Just for the occasion we made a trip to the dollar store to get him these sweet shades and a new Matchbox car. I figured if he had a comfort item, which is a car for him, he'd be fine. Sunglasses? Style points.










6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hils,
Thank you for doing posts. It's nice to see the things my family is doing.
Love ya,
Dennen "Library-Boy" Frazier

The Kynastons said...

Those sunglasses are so cute on him!! I'm glad he's enjoying it more. Macie was the exact same way last summer...she wasn't sold on the whole "water-randomly-shooting-up-at-me" idea. I haven't taken her yet this summer, but I hope she warms up to it like Finn has.

By the way, I'm with ya on the whole heat thing. I wish it didn't get over 80 degrees here. That's heavenly!

Kelly said...

Finn looks awesome in his new shades. It looks so pretty there. Sounds like you are keeping way busy.

Anonymous said...

Warms my heart to see that grin!
-Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated, Hilary. You two look wonderful!
Love, Gundi/Oma

Chynna said...

Love that you can see your reflection in his glasses in the first picture!