Thursday, September 13, 2012

A break

I have been fairly busy with my etsy shop these days. I've been trying to make it more of a part-time gig. Because of that, I've decided to get rid of my facebook account. I'm wanting to make sure that I still spend plenty of time playing with Finn (because isn't that the whole point of being able to stay home with your kid?).

For those of you who know me, the whole stay-at-home mom thing is not quite my style... I like to work. And it's almost sort of a break for me to have time away from Finn and other household things that I'm not very fond of. I never really pictured myself as a mother growing up, or thought it was something that I really wanted. Now don't get me wrong. I love Finn and I love being his mother. It just doesn't come as naturally to me as it does to some.

Anyway, to make sure that I don't just have one more thing to eat up my time, I got rid of my facebook account. So for those of you wondering where my facebook account disappeared to, and how to get a hold of me, you can either email me or leave a comment on our blog.

In etsy news, there is a giveaway going on right now through Kid Independent. I have done a giveaway before through her site and love what kid's stuff she puts on her blog. She is from Australia, so it's neat to see all the different things from there. I have also added a bunch of girl's headbands to my shop. This photographer took them, and I think she did an amazing job. I went to school with her sister at USU and am happy that I found her work. Aren't her girls adorable?!



5 comments:

Ry and Heather said...

Girl you and I are totally like the same :) I LOVE being a mom but I LOVE working too! It doesn't come naturally to me either - but I never forget how blessed I really am :) I've been wanting to get rid of my facebook for a while now too - maybe you'll be my inspiration!! :)

Ry and Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Murray said...

It is so nice to hear I am not the only person who actually likes to work and consider myself so blessed that I can work and be a mom. I think when you have a personality like ours then taking the time to work a little actually makes us a better mom because we are happier. I love your get out and go on an adventure kind of parenting. That's totally what I try to do with my kids, only I don't think my outings are near as cool as yours.
Also, I you'll be glad you dropped facebook. I have never had a facebook page because I feel like it is just one more thing to occupy my time.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever seen a better mom than you, or a better dad than Dennen. You two amaze me.
Love you,
mom

Birrell Family said...

It is up to us to find our own balance. Hard sometimes, especially with the open ended 'can be' time wasters... It is easy to out off the things I don't like for these. Only thing is they are still there after as no one wants to do them :( I am awfully glad you are keeping your blog and know what a treasure your thoughts and pictures will be for your children... and all of us. Your business is growing beautifully!