Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

Although, this year has been trying for us as a family, I have much to be grateful for. The numerous acts of kindness and love that have been shown to us this past year have changed my perceptions on life on so many different levels. I have all of the letters people wrote to us saved in a special box where I keep all of the tangible memories of Rowan. Occasionally, I tend to think of the certain things people said or did that upset me. During those moments, I just try to remind myself of all love that many other people offered. No one is perfect.

I am so thankful for my amazing family and friends. They are a big part of what keep me going. The friends we have met in Maine have been so great. That was one of my biggest fears about moving away from friends and family in Utah. Not finding friends quickly.

When my parents visited, my mom collected some Maine acorns and took them back to Utah with her. She surprised me the other day when she sent me a picture of Rowan's grave with the acorns on them. Thanks mom :)


2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

i love how your fam sends you little updates and pictures of your Rowan's grave! The sweetest thing ever! melts my heart. you are a beautiful family!

Jon said...

That is so special - what a great way for part of you to be there! :)