Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Love from Peru

As some of you may know, Dennen and I spent some time living in Peru 2 summers ago. We lived with a family that treated us like their own family and we couldn't have asked for better people to live with. Maria was the woman that worked for Expand Peru (the organization we volunteered through). We lived with her and her cute grandparents, Mama Brigita and Papa Oscar.

They had meals prepared for us every day we were there (which was a month). I don't know about some of you, but I don't think I've EVER prepared a full-on meal for every day of the month. It was really sweet of them to do for us and we thoroughly enjoyed sitting down together and laughing and having a good ol' time.

Last week we got a package from them for Finn. This is what they sent us.


The folded piece of fabric is a Peruvian baby carrier/sling. We're not quite sure how to fold it and tie it on to carry our baby, so we better figure that out before the time comes or it could turn out bad. Here is a picture of a traditional Peruvian woman carrying her baby. It doesn't look too difficult to figure out right?


It really warmed the cockles of our hearts to receive such a thoughtful gift. It also made us miss Peru... The hospitality that we were shown was amazing and I can't wait to return the favor to someone that stays with us someday.

5 comments:

Kari said...

In regards to pictures, I agree. It could get really expensive. But I figure it's probably worth it! Luckily I have yet to pay for baby pictures thus far. My cousin took his newborn pics and the most recent ones were offered to me by a friend. Normally she's pretty pricey, so I got lucky. But I'm not sure how to go about getting prints. I doubt you really have to get pictures of every kid at the same ages. Maybe if you get family pics done once a year or something, get individuals too. I'm sure you don't care enough about this issue for me to be writing a novel. :)

Kali said...

I like it! Although it would have to be tied real good or your baby could fall off and you wouldn't even know it!

Kelly said...

Hispanic hospitality! I love it! Finn is going to be so stylish.

Katie said...

HOW AWESOME! I'm totally jealous. Finn is going to look SO CUTE this winter.

Katie said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you this: We're thinking of driving over to Utah for the 4th of July to meet the little bugger. Do you think that'll be alright? We don't want to intrude or anything...