Thursday, May 12, 2011

Peak Baggin'

Finn hit a big milestone yesterday. I wanted to give Hils a little time to herself, so Finn and I decided to go on a father-son outing. I asked him what he wanted to do and he said his 1st sentence! He said, "Dad, I want to crawl to the peak of a mountain." I couldn't have been a prouder father. We sat down and had a talk about patience and the economy of walking vs. crawling and struck a deal. We agreed that as a father-son duo, we should bag as many peaks as possible this summer. We also agreed that, at least for this summer, I would play the role of porter-Dad-Sherpa until his personal mobility better lent itself to peak baggin'. Here is our first trip report:
Why'd we stop?

Don't make me crack the whip.

Dad, quit being a sissy and let's slay this hill.


Finn decided that the snowy summit, approaching rain clouds,  complete lack of supplies, unnerving amount of deer droppings, and Dad's exhausted quadriceps necessitated a turn-around.

Views from the top



My legs are dead today.

Half way down...

Dad's droopy eye skin and a passed out Finn.

Where we went and another passed out Finn picture.



3 comments:

Maggie said...

Wow! It looks like the two of you had a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

Thank goodness I have such a great husband that will huff and puff up those steep hills with Finn!

Birrell Family said...

We are looking forward to your summer adventures together :)