Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's a...


























I had my 20 week appointment yesterday and everything looks good so far with our little girl. The nurse did mention that I have a little bit more amniotic fluid than normal... So they'll just keep an eye on it.

Dennen and I had the ultrasound tech put the gender of our baby in an envelope, and we didn't peek. We then took the envelope to Coldstone and had them write the gender on the cake (we got the idea from some friends in Logan). At 6:30 that night we had my family and Dennen's family come over to unveil the cake. It sure was hard to wait, but it was a fun way to find out!


We're still trying to come up with a middle name that both of us really like... So far we've got two different middle names. We'll let you know what we decide!

11 comments:

Dan+Alli said...

Yay! So fun. I LOVE the name Rowan. I want to get together after this flu bug is long gone. Possibly after Christmas?

Michelle said...

congrats friends! you will love a little lady, i'm sure finn will too. love the name rowan too! can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Kim said...

Fun! A girl is great, even though mine is only 5 weeks old. Congrats. That is really exciting.

Jarom, Kristen, Jerry, and Ruby said...

Congratulations!

The Kynastons said...

So exciting Hil!! That's such a fun idea of how to find out the gender...I may have to copy that with our next one. :) Rowan is such a cute name and she will no doubt be SUCH a cute girl! Congrats!

katezmom said...

Hurray! Now I can use the pink fabric that I have stashed away! Not too much or you will get tired of pink pretty quick. Ask Maggie.

Kelly said...

that's awesome! I like the middle name Sage!!!

Rachael said...

Yay for you guys! I love both the name options, I am sure she will fit whatever you guys decide. Girls are fun with all the little accessories you can have, and I am sure you will make the cutest stuff for her. The way you found out was way fun. When we found out with Zoe, we had the Dr. write it on a paper, and then wrapped it up for Christmas. It is fun that way, to let the anxiousness build up a bit!

Jill said...

That's awesome! I love the name and I like sage the best.

Where does Alt come from?

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I love both the names.
g-jane

Birrell Family said...

I like them both!
So happy for you both... Grandma & Grandpa too!