Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring time fun

I am so blessed to have such thoughtful friends that have invited me to do things or even just hang out. Even the phone calls and texts mean a lot. Thanks you guys. The week after Rowan died was hard for me to not feel guilty about going out and doing stuff. It all just felt so pointless... I've talked to other people who have lost loved ones suddenly and said that they felt the same way, but that continuing to do things that anchor your life (even if they are kind of pointless in the scheme of things) are helpful.

We've been to the park, Hogle zoo, Thanksgiving Point farm, hiking, and skiing at Sundance. We are grateful that we have been able to do some fun activities with friends before we move to Maine.







3 comments:

Birrell Family said...

Sometimes faking it until you make it is the best we can do. You are much loved and it is good to see you keeping busy. Finn and I guess just life demands we go on with one foot in front of the other no matter how heavy our heart. Love your pictures!

Anonymous said...

We love your writings and pictures they are an inspiration to us. Some times the youth lead the grandparents. I am printing all of them and will some day put them in an album.
Thanks to both of you for being such wonderful parents.
g-jane

The Kynastons said...

I'm glad you've been able to get out and do fun things. I would love to get together with you before you move if you have time. Maybe you, Amandah, Chelsy and I could all meet up somewhere.