Thursday, May 31, 2012

Finn's 2nd birthday

These past two years haven't been a cake-walk. All of you know by now that pretty much everything, from Finn's health issues to Rowan's passing, has changed us so much. That being said,  I am making a vow right now that I will never complain on our blog. Although, I don't really think I have too much, it has always bothered me when others do, so I want to make sure that I'm not hypocritical. I will state the facts of what is going on (because this is our family history) but I won't ever do it with a complaining tone. No matter how hard these past 2 years have been, I know for a fact that there are people out there that have it much worse than us. So no matter what is going on in your life, stop complaining.

Happy birthday buddy!
Cody and Thomas wanted to get in on the present opening action too. It was pretty cute!

And we were able to see some good friends.


Finn's 2nd birthday was a lot better than his first. This time around he loved opening presents and he even ate some cupcake! We love you so much Finn. You brighten our days with your smiles and giggles :) You have been saying a lot more these days which is very encouraging. Some new words that you use regularly are: up, down, all done, pickle, popcorn, cookie, school (that's where I tell you dad is every time you ask), poop, pee, potty, eat, and hungry. You pretty much always use the toilet at home and love your new underwear with monkeys on it! Since we have moved to Maine you have been able to experience new things. You love the beach and digging in the sand. It is so fun to watch your face light up when you are doing something for the first time. You are a climber (maybe you'll be a rock climber someday). You are fast and run around our apartment at the speed of light! Your dad and I have to run to keep up with you. You are a grazer when it comes to eating and always will be. That's okay. We're just glad that you're healthy. Thanks for coming to our family, we love you!


No comments: