Monday, July 2, 2012

Bedroom and bath

Here are some pictures of the rest of our place. I found the midcentury modern dresser set on craigslist for a steal of a deal! I am excited to someday refinish them (they're kind of in rough shape). For those of you living in small apartments, or if you have a small master bedroom, here's an inexpensive and quick way to make night stands: I purchased two shelves from Ikea and had my grandpa saw them in half. Next, I got some brackets for $1 each. Decide where you want your shelves and mark the wall. Get some dry wall screws and screw all the shelves to the wall making sure to use a level. Basically the shelves are only big enough to hold books and other small items, so I had to get some lamps from Ikea that screw directly onto the wall. We have never had night stands until now. I love them!



























Here are some pictures of our bathroom. Pretty boring really. I got the shower curtain and towels from Pottery Barn. I love the medicine cabinet with the two lights on either side.



2 comments:

Jessi said...

Super simple, yet perfect in every way. I Love you color choices...and I admittedly jealous because I have SUCH a tough time decorating. Well done.

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased to see people living within their means and making use of all the things that others cast aside. Creativity is born when one takes a look at things from another angle.
Love you,
Mom