Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Look who's 28!

Yep that's right, Dennen is 28 years old today! Here are some birthday fun facts you may not know about Dennen...


  • He loves to cook. Not only does he cook, but he cooks good healthy food (not garbage bachelor food like most men would cook).
  • He has a big vocabulary. He always uses words that I've never heard of. I try to call him out and say that he doesn't really know what they mean and that he is using them in the wrong context, but then I look them up and he's right. Smarty pants.
  • He has an awesome eye for what looks good. Whenever I do something different with the decor in our place, I always ask for his opinion and trust it too.
  • He is a sports BUFF! Mainly college football and NBA basketball. I joke with him that he knows all the player's names on certain teams and their stats, and then can't even recall the names of people in our church congregation. Come on men out there. When will you ever need to know what so-and-sos stats are? They don't know you, you don't need to know them.
  • He is an awesome daddy! I was sooo lucky to have him around during the first 4 months of craziness. He definitely got a taste of what being a stay-at-home mom is like. He said it was hard and that he appreciates mothers more. 
Happy Birthday Denn!!
Top to Bottom, left to right: Colorado Springs with a baby chick, Goblin Valley, Megan and Josh's wedding,  Finn's birthday (I think Finn looks like a Chinese throwing star in this pic, not that we would ever throw him), the time I stuck gum in Dennen's chest hair, funny face at a family dinner

6 comments:

Katie said...

He's so cool.

I feel so lucky that he's joined our family! Both you and Megan have done a great job picking cool guys!

Gwendolyn Fullmer said...

So awesome, cooking? nice, you must love that. You know the NBA stats thing must be something in the Y chromosome, my husband is the exact same with that kind of thing, ha ha. Happy Birthday to Dennan!

MSmith said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Dennen,
Happy Birthday to you!
I'd call and sing, but I have the phone that doesn't work :(

denise said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear, Dennen
Happy Birthday to you!
(I'm singing, can you hear?)
aunt D

Maggie said...

I hope it was a good one for all of you. You deserve to have a great day.

Garth said...

Hope you had a great birthday. :)

Garth