Some of you may not know that Finn still only eats basically baby food (pureed stuff), and bready stuff. It's not that he hasn't ever eaten whole table foods (such as bananas, pears, broccoli, carrots, peas, etc). It's that whenever he did he would puke them all up hours later. I took him to a pediatric gastroenterologist and she finally diagnosed why he has been barfing up raw fibrous foods such as whole fruits and vegetables. He has gastroparesis. Basically it's where his stomach doesn't move solid foods through quickly enough. When that happens, the food sits in his stomach for about 7 hours, ferments, and leads to him puking it all back up. She prescribed an antihistamine medicine that works on his digestive system. It's worked so far, and she said that he'll most likely grow out of it by about 16 months or so. Hooray!
|Pictures before church. I love the one of Finn and Dennen!!|
Now I'll catch you up on what he's been doing lately.
- At around 13 1/2 months he started walking really well. Now he runs!
- He loves playing "patty cake," as well as "head, shoulders, knees, and toes."
- If you say, "Finn where's your head?" He'll put any object he has in his hand on his head (wow, tongue twister).
- He knows where his ears, toes, mouth, and tummy are.
- Gives open mouth kisses.
- He knows how to give a high five and jump (basically just bending his knees and bouncing).
- He goes up and down stairs really well.
- Calls me "nana."
- Loves, loves, loves dogs! The other day Eddie was licking Finn, so Finn decided to lick him back. It was pretty funny (:
- He waves "bye, bye."
- He signs "more."
- He'll run to the bathtub if you ask him if he wants to take a bath.
- He'll go to his crib if you ask him if he's tired and wants to take a nap.
- He's learning how to go poop in the potty. No we're not really potty training him... It's called EC (elimination communication). Pretty much it's obvious when Finn is about to poop. When I can catch him in the act, I ask and sign to him, "do you need to go potty?" And then rush him to the toilet and he poops. So in a way, I guess it's actually training me... But I've read that they do catch on. Forget about the peeing though. I have no idea when he's going pee!
|We had a Mexican fiesta for my sister Megan's birthday. I don't think Finn really liked the mustache. But we sure thought it was funny (:|
|Finn playing with his ball, rock, and favorite pal Eddie.|
Wow, It sure seems like he's accomplished a lot lately! I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing us with such an awesome, fun, little boy. I know two couples whose babies recently passed away... It breaks my heart. They were both around 6 months old and had many medical problems and fought so hard to live. But finally returned to Heaven. I read a great book the other day and would recommend it to anyone. It's called, "Heaven is for Real." Has anyone else read it? Anyway, it really got me thinking about all the tough stuff that people go through. But that even though life can be full of heartache, we have a loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ that will help us along.