Monday, July 15, 2013

Updates

Dennen finished his first clinical rotation in the ER. He really enjoyed it, and even though it is a small hospital that he is at, it kept him very busy. He's now in the operating room and has been helping out with a lot of colonoscopies. Probably not the most exciting thing he could be doing... But that's okay, he has a great attitude about everything, and lets me know all the great details when he gets home.

We have been going to lakes and rivers galore! It is so much fun, and the water has always been quite warm. Finn loves getting out, and he is also doing better with his swimming lessons. I love seeing his little personality develop lately. He is definitely a very precise and observant kid. I took him to a puppet show at the community center last week. It was a group out of Bar Harbor that did an amazing job! Finn wasn't that interested until they pulled back the curtain and he actually saw how the puppets worked.



For the most part, I'm feeling pretty good these days. I'm about 28 weeks now. All of my doctors appointments have gone well so far... My fundal height is about 2 cm smaller than most women. Less than 3 cm is when they start to worry about IUGR. I'll be seeing my doctor every week starting this week. I have definitely had my emotional worry moments... Probably nothing too drastic or concerning will come up, but I have definitely not had good luck with pregnancies, and I can't let the feeling go that something bad is going to happen. I'm trying to have a lot of hope and faith. Two names that we're trying to decide between are Margo and Harper.

No Envy, No Fear by Joshua Radin on Grooveshark

5 comments:

kim edvarchuk said...

Maine looks so beautiful. I love the picture of Finn on Dennen's shoulders. Such a cute smile! Will say some prayers that things will continue to go smoothly with your pregnancy. I'm sure it is hard to not worry about everything. Hope you will be able to feel peace about the next couple of weeks!

Anonymous said...

As I read your blog and got to the last line, I thought that the names you were considering were Faith and Hope (both names I've heard before). Margo and Harper are beautiful too. Try not to worry. That task has been assigned to my wonderful friends and family who are all praying for you.
Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

So a baby girl will bless you! How lovely!
Both names are so pretty! I have a fondness for the name Margo. It was someone special to me when I was young. I only know you through your posts, and same for you with me, but I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a safe and joyful delivery! I had a very difficult pregnancy with my son, so hard to come by and so hard to keep, but we made it! And I know every prayer and good thought got all of us through!
Finn will make a fine big brother!!!

Anonymous said...

It is always hard to not worry, but every time you get have feelings of good luck and happiness
write it down to keep a log and it will weep growing. We send lots of love and prayers.
g-jane

Dan+Alli said...

I just love you and your family! I LOVE those names too. You always have good names. I'm going to let you name my next child...deal?